In this Linkpop by Shopify review, we’re taking a closer look at one of the useful free tools created by Shopify to help businesses boost their sales and online presence.
Over the years, Shopify has proven to be more than just an ecommerce platform vendor.
Today, Shopify offers a variety of useful tools to business owners, from a comprehensive website builder, to headless commerce solutions, point of sale systems, and even a free logo generator. Linkpop is just one of the most recent tools introduced by the brand in March 2022.
The “Link in Bio” solution is aimed at members of the creator economy, offering them the opportunity to sell products directly from a link they can place on their social media profiles. Let’s take a closer look at Linkpop, it’s benefits, and how it works.
What is Linkpop? An Introduction
Linkpop by Shopify is a simple “link in bio” tool, offering a combination of excellent mobile responsivity, simplicity, and sales features. Link-in-bio solutions are popular in the social media landscape, as they provide creators with a convenient way to showcase a range of products, services, and different kinds of content with just one link.
Unlike many similar solutions in the industry, Shopify’s “Linkpop” service sets itself apart from the crowd with built-in sales tools. Rather than just showcasing a list of products in one convenient space, you can create fully shoppable links. These links integrate natively with your Shopify store, and are powered by Shopify’s secure and fast checkout solutions.
This means creators can rapidly convert social media followers and fans into buyers, allowing them to make purchases within as little as 3 clicks.
How Does Linkpop Work?
Free to use for anyone, Linkpop is a convenient, mobile-first link in bio tool that seamlessly integrates with existing Shopify stores. With the solution, creators and merchants can build fully customized pages in seconds, showcasing all of their top products, with unique images, brand colors and logos.
To get started, all you need to do is sign up for a free account with Linkpop and start copying and pasting links into your page. You don’t need to have your own Shopify store to access Linkpop, but the solution is specifically designed for ecommerce vendors already using Shopify for sales.
The solution works similarly to most link in bio tools. It collects all of the URLs for product pages and other assets you might want to show on your social media profile in a single environment. This ensures you can direct consumers to multiple products and services, even if you’re using a platform like Instagram, which only supports one clickable bio link.
When someone clicks the “shoppable link” you create, they’ll be transported to your custom branded page, where they can see all the URLs you want to promote. You can showcase everything from high-performing blogs, to your latest product releases in the same place. There’s even the option to add links to other social accounts, YouTube channels, websites, and Spotify playlists.
Once integrated with your Shopify store, the product links on your Linkpop page will allow customers to add items to their cart and checkout in seconds, using the same secure payment processing tools available for Shopify store owners.
Linkpop Review: The Core Features
Linkpop is a straightforward, cost-effective, and convenient tool for increasing online sales. Whether you’re a creator selling custom merch, or you want to boost your chances of reaching customers across new channels, Linkpop could be a great solution. Shopify even boasts retailers achieve two times higher checkout rates with Linkpop compared to other, similar tools.
The core features of Linkpop include:
- A comprehensive page for crucial links: With Linkpop, retailers can showcase a range of different assets in one unified page environment. You can add shoppable links for products and merch, monetize your page with affiliate links, and fill your page with a range of other assets. You can even add links to other social media channels and websites.
- Customization options: Shopify makes it easy to highlight your unique brand image with highly customizable link-in-bio pages. You can experiment with different color palettes, upload your own images and logos, and even add social media buttons to your page. The page builder is extremely easy to use, with no coding knowledge required.
- Built-in analytics: With built-in reporting and analytical tools, merchants can get a behind-the-scenes view of their customer’s purchasing behaviors. You can see what followers click on and buy over time, monitor revenue, and track views and visits.
Notably, while most link-in-bio solutions are specially designed for social media users, Shopify does give you the option to expand your sales strategy even further. You can create unique QR codes within the app, which you can print on physical flyers and other items to send customers to your link in bio page anywhere. You can even add these codes to business cards and posters.
Shopify Linkpop Ease of Use
Most link in bio solutions are relatively straightforward and simple for beginners to use, regardless of whether you have any design or coding knowledge. Linkpop is no exception. Users can sign up for an account for free, even if they don’t have an existing Shopify store. You can also connect to your Shopify store with any Shopify plan, including the “Starter” subscription for $5 per month.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be asked to create a username, which will help to form your unique Linkpop URL. Then, you can begin immediately adding links to your page with the “Add link” button. Each link requires an URL and title, and there are options to ad images where necessary.
As you add more links, you can click and drag assets around your page according to your needs. When you add a “shoppable link” to allow customers to purchase items on your page, you’ll be directed to the Shopify “Add Sales channel” page. Here, you can simply click “Add Sales Channel” to integrate your Shopify store with Linkpop.
This gives shoppable links a “Browse products” button. When you click this, you’ll see all the products listed on your store. Just click on a product to add it to your page.
Once you’re done adding all the links you want to show on your Linkpop page, you can click the “Style” tab to change the background color, upload an image, or change card and link colors. You can also alter card shapes, fonts, text color, and more.
There’s also the option to create a “Bio”, where you can show your business logo, name, and description, as well as adding social media buttons for other online profiles.
Linkpop Pricing: The Fees
As mentioned above, Linkpop is free for all users, regardless of whether you have a Shopify store or not. There are no monthly subscription fees or setup costs to consider. However, if you want to add shoppable links to your bio, you will need a Shopify ecommerce subscription.
Each Shopify subscription also has transaction fees to consider, as well as extra payment processing fees if you’re not using “Shopify Payments”, so keep this in mind.
Options for ecommerce plans include:
- Starter: $5 per month for a customizable Shopify checkout and payment processing solution, although there are no website building tools included.
- Basic Shopify: $39 per month for all the basic features of the Shopify platform, including the website builder, reports, 1,000 inventory locations, and 2 staff accounts.
- Shopify: $105 per month for all the features included in Shopify Basic, plus cheaper transaction fees, up to 5 staff accounts, and professional reports.
- Advanced Shopify: $399 per month for all the capabilities of Shopify, plus cheaper transaction fees, 15 staff accounts, and custom report options.
- Shopify Plus: Starting at $2,000 per month for all of the features of Advanced Shopify, plus custom staff accounts, advanced security features, unique integrations, headless commerce, enhanced customer support and more.
Linkpop Pros and Cons
- Easy to use solution for beginners
- Free service (even if you don’t have a Shopify account)
- Seamless integration with your Shopify store
- Convenient experience for buyers
- Secure and simple checkout solution
- Various customization options for your profile
- Re-ordering links and products can be a little clunky
- Profile customization options are limited
Is Linkpop free on Shopify?
Yes, Linkpop is a completely free tool retailers can use to create shoppable landing pages, accessible through social media profiles. Customers can use your Linkpop URL to view your other social media profiles, access content, and buy products.
How do I add Linkpop to Shopify?
Adding Linkpop to Shopify is simple. Once you create your Linkpop account, click “Add shoppable link” from the admin page. Then click “Take me to my store” and log into your Shopify account. Once you’re ready to connect, click “Add sales channel”.
Is Linkpop owned by Shopify?
Linkpop was created by and belongs to the Shopify brand. It’s a spin on popular “link in bio” tools with a focus on ecommerce functionality. With shoppable links, customers can purchase products directly from your link page.
Can I use Linkpop without Shopify?
You don’t need to create a Shopify account to use Linkpop. However, you will be prompted to connect your Shopify store if you want to leverage Shoppable links. You can still use shoppable links if you’re only using the “Starter” version of Shopify.
Linkpop by Shopify Review: The Verdict
While Linkpop might not be the most advanced “link in bio” tool on the market, it is one of the most convenient options for existing Shopify store owners. The profile customization options are a little limited, but companies can easily sell a range of products through their bio link using this convenient tool, without having to worry about investing in third-party payment processing solutions.
The tool is also incredibly easy to use, requiring absolutely no coding, design, or technical knowledge. You can even get started for free, which is ideal if you’re looking to invest in multi-channel commerce, without spending a fortune.